This workshop has helped me to understand the reasons for many behavioural issues and the ways we can take action to interrupt them. I think we should all take this sort of training regularly.Camden Art Centre, Unconscious Bias Training 2020
Our Insight sessions are structured, facilitated ‘deep dives’ into aspects of your organisation’s culture and practices. The sessions will challenge individuals and teams and have been developed to address specific aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion. Areas of focus include:
- White privilege
- Anti racism and allyship
- Cultural competency and ‘othering’
- Micro aggression in the media
- Ableism and disabilities
- HR – recruitment, retention and progression of BAME staff
- Intersectionality and power
- The impact of microaggressions on performance
- Diversity of Thought – Identifying blind spots in design, development and delivery of projects and policies
- Visible presence, communications, language and images
- Identifying Blind spots in developing programmes/schemes of work
We develop training content and resources to ensure staff are respected and valued and feel confident and knowledgeable about the language, concepts and tools to adopt inclusive behaviours in day-to-day operations.
Importantly, our approach will create a safe space for participants to question and discuss situations, behaviours, language and attitudes that impact inclusion in the workspace as well as tangible and practical tools and frameworks to interrupt negative bias, discrimination and micro-aggressions.
We don’t believe it’s in our interest, or yours, to create a culture of dependency on our services. Our experts not only give advice to mitigate the negative impact of your current challenges, they also give you the knowledge and skills required for you and your teams to move forward.
For an informal chat about your requirements, contact Tebussum Rashid, Deputy Executive of ARE