Action for Race Equality is thrilled to announce the Moving on Up Awards! Set to take place in March 2024, the awards will honour individuals and organisations that have made a profound impact on the lives of young Black men in London, as well as inspiring young Black men themselves.
The evening will be hosted as part of celebrations to mark ten years of our flagship Moving on Up (MoU) programme.
Since its inception in 2014, the MoU programme, generously funded by Trust for London and City Bridge Foundation, has been instrumental in creating pathways to quality jobs for young Black men in London, aged 16 to 24. It has been a key feature of our work with partners in Newham and Brent, offering support and opportunities for a better future.
As MoU approaches its final phase, these awards serve as a platform to recognise the outstanding efforts of those who have championed the cause of youth empowerment and race equality.
ARE aims to use this occasion to showcase to funders how targeted, culturally appropriate support, and a collaborative approach are crucial to tackle unemployment disparities for young people from Black, Asian and mixed heritage backgrounds.
This will also be an opportunity to mark the legacy of MoU. If you are a journalist or PR agency able to offer support and coverage please contact Senior Communications Officer, Payal Bhavsar
What to watch out for the highlights:
- Excellence Categories: The awards will feature a range of categories, including recognition for young Black men, employers, and special individual efforts within the programme.
- Diverse Panel of Judges: A diverse panel of experts and advocates, including Sandra Kerr, Race Equality Director at Business in the Community (BITC), will shape the awards, define eligibility criteria, assess nominations, and select the winners.
- Celebrating Impact: Awards will celebrate outstanding impact, employer leadership, special recognitions, best job outcomes, and more.
- Employer Champions, WTW, are generously supporting this event by donating their use of venue for the event. The venue, located in the heart of the City, provides an ideal setting for this prestigious occasion.
- Distinguished Guest Speakers: The MoU Awards event plans to feature esteemed guest speakers
The awards are set to take place in March 2024. The event date and registration details will be announced soon, so be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for updates.
For media inquiries and further information, please contact: Payal Bhavsar, Senior Communications Officer, payal@Actionforraceequality.org.uk information