ARE is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team to run our exciting new Youth Panel. You’ll be passionate about working with young people, and be committed to ensuring that their authentic voice is heard.
The ARE Infrastructure Organisation Grant programme, funded by the Youth Futures Foundation, is a brand new project. ARE is now looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team – someone committed to tackling race inequalities and who wants to work with young people and like-minded people to make a difference.
About the programme
We’re keen to ensure the sector has consistent, high-quality provision to move young people into employment; employment, whether that is providing mentoring for young people, delivering employability support, working with employers to source and fill vacancies and/or providing wraparound services. Our new programme will see us do this in a range of ways.
About the role
Within this exciting new programme, we will be developing a Youth Panel to embed the “Youth Voice” throughout this work. We are now recruiting someone who can capture input/insights from young people through a variety of ways including email, social media, podcasts etc. They will use this information and information from the programme more widely to share knowledge and learning in a quarterly e-newsletter.
This is the perfect job for someone committed to empowering young people to be heard on the issues that matter most to them.”
Read the full Job Description.
- Fill in an online monitoring form.
- Then, complete an application form. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday 16th September, at 5pm.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 26th September.
Background to the Programme
The Action for Race Equality Infrastructure Organisation Grant will be used to build on existing work to become the “go to” Black, Asian and Minority ethnic-led infrastructure organisation for BAME organisations who are supporting young people in England.
To strengthen the sector and Black, Asian and Minority ethnic communities, Action for Race Equality will deliver work including:
- Peer to peer learning workshops along with Action Learning
- Implement a “systems leaders” knowledge transfer programme to share their ‘know how’ with the sector.
- Organisational development support; 1:1 consultancy and masterclasses
- Provide and support partnership brokerage.
- Deep Dive work with 10 organisations to co-design a potential programme for funders.
- Develop a quality framework to ensure consistent, high-quality provision across the BAME-led sector.
- Create a Youth Panel, led by young people to embed the youth voice throughout our programme.
- Have a strong communications focus for policy influencing and e-learning updates.
Youth Panel Lead
Read the full Job Description for more details.
£23,642 (pro-rata, 2 days a week)
Two-year fixed-term, office-based – Kings Cross
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact Indra Nauth.